You should request removal of a client when you're no longer working together. Select the appropriate removal reason and LEAVE NOTES, as the survey that the client receives will vary depending on why you're no longer working together. Here are removal definitions, you can click on the definition to see a sample removal template.
- No contact from client: You've never received a response from the client after you attempted to contact them by both their preferred and alternate methods of communication. If you received one response from the client and nothing else after that, you would use "lost touch" instead.
- Lost touch: You received a response from the client, or were working together, but the client is no longer responding.
- Changed Mind: These customers may have stopped searching for personal reasons or because of the market conditions.
- Out of area: Client is searching for properties outside of your service area(s).
- Active hand-off: Your Redfin coordinator is assisting you in handing the client off to another agent. Contact your coordinator if you need another agent to assist the client; do not just indicate this in your removal request.
- Bad fit: You aren't working well together, and your Redfin coordinator agrees that the client would be better assisted by another agent. Contact your coordinator if you need another agent to assist the client; do not just indicate this in your removal request.
Can't qualify*: Client was not able to qualify for financing.
- *Remember: while it's okay to discuss with your customers about their preapproval status or refer them to preferred lenders to obtain a preapproval letter, you must be consistent and ask the same questions and provide the same information to all customers!
- Working with another agent: Client is working with another agent
- Looking for lease or rental: Client is searching for a rental or lease. We do not expect our partner agents to handle rentals or leases. If you do handle rentals, you're welcome to assist the client, but the client should not remain on your dashboard, as there is no credit to the client or referral fee owed to Redfin on a rental.
- Prior client: You already had a previous relationship with the client before they contacted you on Redfin. Contact your coordinator with written proof of your pre-existing relationship prior to removing the client from your dashboard.
Seeking listing agent: Client thought you were the listing agent or is only interested in working with the listing agent directly.